Index on gender equality
In accordance with french Law No. 2018-771 of September 5, 2018 covering “the freedom to choose one’s professional future” and its implementing decree No. 2019-15 of January 8, 2019, implementing the provisions aimed at removing pay gaps between women and men, Astek publishes its Gender Equality Index.
What is this Index?
The index on professional equality between women and men is a score out of 100, obtained from 5 indicators:
- Indicator 1 – The elimination of pay gaps between women and men, for comparable positions and ages
This is a legal obligation: “for a work of value, equal pay” between women and men. To have 40 points, the company must achieve 0% wage gap between women and men in comparable positions and ages.
- Indicator 2 – The same chance of having a raise for both women and men
The maximum of 20 points is awarded if the company has given pay raises to as many men an women, with a margin lower than 2% or 2 people.
- Indicator 3 – The same chance of getting a promotion for both women and men
The maximum of 15 points is awarded if the company has promoted as many women as of men, with a margin lower than 2% or 2 people.
- Indicator 4 – All employees received a raise on their return from maternity leave, provided that raises have been given in their absence
The salary catch-up for women returning from maternity leave is mandatory since 2006.
- Indicator 5 – At least 4 women in the 10 highest salaries
The objective is to ensure that all hierarchical levels, and in particular management positions, is more balanced between the sexes.